A niche for stories; fiction or non.
DiVonSweets
Virgin

Re: xleglover - I want to give everyone an update

Unread post by DiVonSweets » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:05 pm

xleglover wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:45 am
Hello all,

Thanks for your words of support. As some have suspected, I've decided to try selling my stories on Amazon. I've reached the point in my life where it would be nice to have a little extra money.

I've deleted my stories here and on Literotica. Any stories that are still floating around on the Internet are without my permission. I am not Sam Morisson and I've never published under any other name. Except a long time ago I did publish a few stories under Flash of Stocking.

Anyway, the stories I publish on Amazon will be new or with a lot of edits and new stuff.

I plan to publish under the name "Mike Andrews". I'll post here to let you know when the first book is available.

Cheers - xleglover
Congratulations for taking that step! How exciting for you and I hope you make tons of money getting everyone hot and bothered with your great writing. Good luck!
-love-
Diana

RaDa
Virgin

Unread post by RaDa » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:37 pm

IMHO it would be fair to finish "Be care..." here

Friedman
Prepubescent

Unread post by Friedman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:26 am

Hey,

This is Friedman from CHYOA.

I just started reading Making It Work on Literotica. First chapter read, poof second chapter not found.

I really enjoyed the stories and hope I won't have to wait too long for it to be available again. I wish you the best of luck on your monetization journey!
Last edited by Friedman on Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

armyguyot1
Site Admin

Unread post by armyguyot1 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:30 am

Welcome to the forum Friedman.

Friedman
Prepubescent

Unread post by Friedman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:14 am

armyguyot1 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:30 am
Welcome to the forum Friedman.
Thank you! I'm happy to be here :)

tegan111
Prepubescent

Unread post by tegan111 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:18 pm

Smashwords is usually pretty good about removing unauthorized stuff, so you really ought to shoot them a message to get your stuff off of there.

lkh96
Experienced

Unread post by lkh96 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am

Anyone saved the cheating & rivals series ??

Jacko
Experienced

Unread post by Jacko » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:20 am

lkh96 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:32 am
Anyone saved the cheating & rivals series ??
I have everything saved offline that was on Literotica but I plan to edit the HTML text files into a better format for offline reading.

duggunma
Prepubescent

Unread post by duggunma » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:21 pm

I just discovered your writing on Literotica a few months ago. I didn't get a chance to read all the stories, but your page there made me a daily visitor to the site since then. Best of luck to you going forward, I do hope your update us when you get some titles posted on Amazon.

armyguyot1
Site Admin

Unread post by armyguyot1 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:57 pm

Welcome to the forum duggunma.

ScottieWilliams
Prepubescent

Unread post by ScottieWilliams » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:22 pm

RaDa wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:37 pm
IMHO it would be fair to finish "Be care..." here
Whatever xleg decides to do with his own work is fair. He gave us years of stories for free. Maybe he'll finish it and you can pay a few bucks for it. Sounds fair to me.

sucker00
Trainable

Unread post by sucker00 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:28 pm

X, I think your endeavor will be successful and wish you the best. You've been more than generous in how much time you've invested in posting well-written stories to the public domain and you deserve to reap the rewards for all you've invested. That said, I have one burning question that comes to my mind. Now that you stand to make some money from your writing, does that mean that your wife now knows about your side hustle?

KyGrappler80
Pervert

Unread post by KyGrappler80 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:33 am

What's timing on first book being published, Mike?

gorpgorp
Prepubescent

Unread post by gorpgorp » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:47 pm

X, have you already considered and decided against a Patreon account? Sorry if this has already be mentioned.

I would guess you already have a sizeable enough fanbase to pay $5 or even $10 every month to fund your writings perpetually.

It could even help you afford more time to better schedule releases (*just a little shade*).

If any newcomer just wants to read your older legendary stories that he's read so much about, it really would take him 2-3 months to get through everything.

Just an idea, because I personally like going back and re-reading large portions and I definitely would subscribe!

Good luck in your endeavors.

Asterix42
Pervert

Unread post by Asterix42 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:30 pm

Sad to see the stories go from here X, but glad your going to publish. Hope you have success and make a few bucks. You deserve to after keeping so many of us enthralled with your stories for so many years.
Always loved the "He Fucked my Girl" to "Cheating and Rivals" series. Great character building and great story lines.
All the best!

Bumskiman
Prepubescent

Unread post by Bumskiman » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:37 pm

Whosbeensleeping wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:40 pm
The man wants to make some money at something he's proven to be good at. More power to him. If you're a fan you'll support and if you just want free stuff, then look elsewhere.
Who said he shouldn’t make money. I believe his post said he would be posting new stories on Amazon. So I asked why it was necessary to take down the old stories. Maybe Amazon requires it, maybe there’s another reason, I don’t know so I asked a question. By the way, in case you didn’t realize it - this is a free site.

Dream Weaver
Experienced

Unread post by Dream Weaver » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:14 pm

Bumskiman wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:37 pm
Whosbeensleeping wrote:
The man wants to make some money at something he's proven to be good at. More power to him. If you're a fan you'll support and if you just want free stuff, then look elsewhere.
Who said he shouldn’t make money. I believe his post said he would be posting new stories on Amazon. So I asked why it was necessary to take down the old stories. Maybe Amazon requires it, maybe there’s another reason, I don’t know so I asked a question. By the way, in case you didn’t realize it - this is a free site.
He's put a TON of time into those stories. If I were him, there is no way I'd start from square one.

hairyhead
Experienced

Unread post by hairyhead » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:41 am

Bumskiman wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:37 pm
Whosbeensleeping wrote:
So I asked why it was necessary to take down the old stories.
His "old" stories will probably be re-crafted into new stories. He should be able to do that reasonably quickly.

Hopefully he will also "sort" the Mike & Jen universe so that there is one continuous story which links the better stories and dumps some of the very early stuff which wasn't as good. He may also address the linkage between the end of Literotica series (Frank/Ricky, attempt to blow up the President and plans to move to the Canary Islands) and the later stuff he only published on this site.

There is so much he could do HOWEVER if he has any sense he will follow the KT Morrison model of only publishing short sections and creating long series. It keeps the reader wanting more and encourages them to buy new episodes when they are released. XL has been doing that to us for years!! :lol:

So I wouldn't expect to see any really new stuff from XL for some time.

goyse2000
Prepubescent

Unread post by goyse2000 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:44 am

xleglover wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:45 am
Hello all,

Thanks for your words of support. As some have suspected, I've decided to try selling my stories on Amazon. I've reached the point in my life where it would be nice to have a little extra money.

I've deleted my stories here and on Literotica. Any stories that are still floating around on the Internet are without my permission. I am not Sam Morisson and I've never published under any other name. Except a long time ago I did publish a few stories under Flash of Stocking.

Anyway, the stories I publish on Amazon will be new or with a lot of edits and new stuff.

I plan to publish under the name "Mike Andrews". I'll post here to let you know when the first book is available.

Cheers - xleglover

We all wish you well and why wouldn't we? You have entertained us for many, many hours....., and might I say kept us in suspense for many, many more hours. There is no doubt in my mind that you will find life more interesting as you will be well rewarded for the many hours you put into your work. Please come back occasionally and let us all know how it goes for you.

I for one would like to know how it goes for you and when you are busy counting your gold bullion just remember that Goyse contributed as will many of us here at OHW, through purchasing your stories on Amazon.

We are your fans,
Goyse.

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:34 pm

Hello all - I've changed my pen name to Pete Andrews as I guess there is already a Mike Andrews on Kindle.

My first book should be released in a few weeks. I'll post here when it's out. If you'd like a sneak peak of the cover, you can email me at peteandrews1701@gmail.com. That will also add you to my email list. Cheers - xleg

DiVonSweets
Virgin

Unread post by DiVonSweets » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:35 pm

xleglover wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:34 pm
Hello all - I've changed my pen name to Pete Andrews as I guess there is already a Mike Andrews on Kindle.

My first book should be released in a few weeks. I'll post here when it's out. If you'd like a sneak peak of the cover, you can email me at peteandrews1701@gmail.com. That will also add you to my email list. Cheers - xleg
Hello! I tried to email you but it says my email was blocked. My email is DiVonSweets92@gmail.com - would love to see your cover. Hope you are doing well!
-love-
Diana

rrake
Virgin

Unread post by rrake » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:14 am

I hope you are well and all the best for you.
Now, to be honest, I'm seriously frustrated with this situation.
You don't owe us anything, but we were all waiting for the end of your story, which was even more intriguing than the others. The title, the dynamics of the story, the way it unfolds...
We had no choice. It's your decision. And I deeply respect it.
Keep us posted and, once again, all the best to you
Take care

gyhuza
Virgin

Unread post by gyhuza » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:48 pm

share the link here to your first ebook once it is ready

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:47 am

Hello all - My first book is now available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWWMJWK6/re ... 105&sr=8-6

The book is called Opening Pandora's Box. It's Book One. There should be 3-4 books in the series. The remaining books should be longer than this 1st book. I'm using the pen name Pete Andrews.

It's based on my old book Pandora's Box. But it's been significantly rewritten with a new ending.

Cheers - xleglover

Jacko
Experienced

Unread post by Jacko » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:27 am

Thanks, X. One of my faves from the old days :)