xleglover - I want to give everyone an update

A niche for stories; fiction or non.
couple20uk
Virgin

Re: xleglover - I want to give everyone an update

Unread post by couple20uk » Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:00 am

hairyhead wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:43 pm
I've read all of XL's Kindle stuff. I am going to look back and compare these with his originals. Just to see of the has made significant changes.
I would be interested in knowing what you find out. Without checking, I did not notice any major changes in the first two Faithful Wife's Fall From Grace books.

Book 2 of 2 of Girls Who Belong To Other Men is in my opinion better than book one. Yes, I liked the way it ended.
Another book? Well, I think it should be kept as an option rather than a priority.
I was pleased to see the cover photo changed on Book 1, the new one is far better.
I write on Lushstories using the pseudonym wxt55uk
https://www.lushstories.com/profile/wxt55uk

Pzoxic
Prepubescent

Unread post by Pzoxic » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:41 pm

Any idea if/when you'll releases the "be care what you wish for" story?

armyguyot1
Site Admin

Unread post by armyguyot1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Pzoxic.

MrLoving
Prepubescent

Unread post by MrLoving » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:15 am

FWIW it seems I can't buy FWFFG book 1 - only book 2. Tried to buy both, now it says I own both but for some reason only book two is openable.

Dang amazon!

Polleny
Experienced

Unread post by Polleny » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:44 pm

MrLoving wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:15 am
FWIW it seems I can't buy FWFFG book 1 - only book 2. Tried to buy both, now it says I own both but for some reason only book two is openable.

Dang amazon!
What would you do if you went to the bookstore and came home with a book you couldn’t open. You would hardly go and tell the writer. Tell Amazon.

This is not meant as a smart as reply, just contact Amazon support.

hairyhead
Experienced

Unread post by hairyhead » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:00 am

couple20uk wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:00 am
hairyhead wrote:
I've read all of XL's Kindle stuff. I am going to look back and compare these with his originals. Just to see of the has made significant changes.
I would be interested in knowing what you find out. Without checking, I did not notice any major changes in the first two Faithful Wife's Fall From Grace books.
You appear to be right. There isn't much difference in the content. However XL has changed the points at which he ends and starts a book (compared to his original on Ourhotwives). The Kindle versions are MUCH shorter which means a 4 book series will be about 10 book series if he goes the whole way. His Kindle books are similar in length to KT Morrison. Even though they are sold at a relatively cheap price they cost, $/word, more than an established author such as Grisham.

Given he hasn't made many changes I won't be buying anymore.

toshare
Player

Unread post by toshare » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:01 am

hairyhead wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:00 am
couple20uk wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:00 am
hairyhead wrote:
You appear to be right. There isn't much difference in the content. However XL has changed the points at which he ends and starts a book (compared to his original on Ourhotwives). The Kindle versions are MUCH shorter which means a 4 book series will be about 10 book series if he goes the whole way. His Kindle books are similar in length to KT Morrison. Even though they are sold at a relatively cheap price they cost, $/word, more than an established author such as Grisham.

Given he hasn't made many changes I won't be buying anymore.
I kinda agree, they are pretty good stories, seem less developed than when he was just here, and costly as he breaks them up into a lot of books. I may try one more of his and see if he gets better in the cost

Jamchgo
Prepubescent

Unread post by Jamchgo » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:55 pm

Yeah I was really hoping he would be making some real changes beyond changing names. A lot of his stories had pacing issues and could have really benefited from him editing them.
Along with the high prices he is having compared to other authors in the genre it really doesn't feel worth it.

armyguyot1
Site Admin

Unread post by armyguyot1 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Jamchgo.

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:43 am

Hi - The Faithful Wife books are back up on Amazon. Cheers!

shamed411bee
Virgin

Unread post by shamed411bee » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:54 pm

Hi. Is Book 3 new material, picking up from book 2?

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:05 am

The faithful wife series is a heavily edited version of my old series. I think it’s better but I can’t honestly say it’s new.

At the moment I’m having issues with kindle. So book 1 is on smash words not kindle. All the others are on kindle and will eventually be on smash too. Book 4 will hopefully be out in a few weeks.

Just to give you some insight as to selling books — I’m working on this old series instead of new stuff as I can get it out faster, and the only way you can make any money as an amateur author is to have a lot of books out.

As for the price, I understand the comments but there is a point at which there’s no point to doing this if the price is lower. You don’t make alot per book. Amazon takes a big cut, and also sets minimum prices.

Dream Weaver
Experienced

Unread post by Dream Weaver » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 pm

xleglover wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:05 am
The faithful wife series is a heavily edited version of my old series. I think it’s better but I can’t honestly say it’s new.

At the moment I’m having issues with kindle. So book 1 is on smash words not kindle. All the others are on kindle and will eventually be on smash too. Book 4 will hopefully be out in a few weeks.

Just to give you some insight as to selling books — I’m working on this old series instead of new stuff as I can get it out faster, and the only way you can make any money as an amateur author is to have a lot of books out.

As for the price, I understand the comments but there is a point at which there’s no point to doing this if the price is lower. You don’t make alot per book. Amazon takes a big cut, and also sets minimum prices.
Dude, you are doing a great job. Love the books, hope the tech issues get straightened out (I can't imagine they won't). It's time to get paid, and don't worry about the criticism. I hope you are making real money and you are better than 98 out of 100 writers who pump this stuff out on Amazon. I'm serious. You, Arnica Butler, KT Morrison, are in the same weight class. Different styles and rhythms, but fucking great. Don't try to be someone you're not.

xleglover
$2 Ho

Re: xleglover - I wanted to give everyone an update

Unread post by xleglover » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:10 am

couple20uk wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:10 am
Good to hear from you Xleg but you need to get Sam Morrison's books taken down off Smashwords. Well, it is only one book atm (more are scheduled to be posted soon). It is a cut-and-paste job and even then they failed to get the whole story having missed the end of one chapter. I will not be purchasing any more from him!

I look forward to future updates from you and reading your new books.
Do you see Sam Morrison's book on smashwords? I don't see him anymore on smashwords.

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 am

Dream Weaver wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:21 pm
xleglover wrote:

Dude, you are doing a great job. Love the books, hope the tech issues get straightened out (I can't imagine they won't). It's time to get paid, and don't worry about the criticism. I hope you are making real money and you are better than 98 out of 100 writers who pump this stuff out on Amazon. I'm serious. You, Arnica Butler, KT Morrison, are in the same weight class. Different styles and rhythms, but fucking great. Don't try to be someone you're not.
Thank you! I like those authors too. My only other favorite not on your list is Kenny Wright.

Are you familiar with David McManus and his 2 book series where he has not written the 3rd book? Now that I'm publishing on Kindle, I see you have to publish alot to make any money. So I wonder if McManus decided it wasn't worth his effort to finish his series (which is a shame as the 1st two books were great).

So Faithful Wife Book 1 is back up on kindle. Not sure for how long. Amazon Kindle is not the easiest to work with. Hopefully soon my books will be available on other sites.

Dream Weaver
Experienced

Unread post by Dream Weaver » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:53 am

xleglover wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 am
Dream Weaver wrote:
xleglover wrote:

Thank you! I like those authors too. My only other favorite not on your list is Kenny Wright.

Are you familiar with David McManus and his 2 book series where he has not written the 3rd book? Now that I'm publishing on Kindle, I see you have to publish alot to make any money. So I wonder if McManus decided it wasn't worth his effort to finish his series (which is a shame as the 1st two books were great).

So Faithful Wife Book 1 is back up on kindle. Not sure for how long. Amazon Kindle is not the easiest to work with. Hopefully soon my books will be available on other sites.
Not familiar with David. Will definitely check him out. My "intro" into Amazon that really made me look there as opposed to places like Literotica was your first book. So from there I saw "Tricks and Treats", a terrific short story compilation that I'm 100% sure you've seen (because the quality stuff really is rare), and is free on Kindle Unlimited. Arnica's story. Holy shit. Blew me away. Other quality stories, sure, but that one, Phishing, is fantastic. I later figured out it's a small part of a bigger story she/he is selling (sorry, I don't buy the housewife bio). But the other authors don't as consistently get into the head of the cuck, which I consider to be a determining factor in the as these are stroke books.

They all seem to have their formulas, and the only negative to Arnica is every single story has the guy watching, (often by absurd setups), but I've never regretted perusing her stuff (yeah, I've paid the money). I like how KT Morrison is way less afraid to pull punches (with Arnica it's all so very ethical). Like him, you aren't afraid to pull punches. (Lots of readers complain about that, the big pussies, but I think there's a silent majority that eats it up - Hell, I was just on Reddit this week in their Cuckoldstories2 subreddit and somebody there was wondering where to find your stuff. Your name comes up in any "best of" thread all the time.).

As to Kenny, Kenny writes at a high level technically, but doesn't quite hit all the artistic notes that I appreciate. Kenny writes: My wife dressed up. I watched her get fucked. Arnica writes: My wife dressed up. I'm going crazy. Oh Jesus, she's getting fucked. You are more like Arnica. Anyway, glad you responded!

I'd love to do a cuck book podcast or blog. How fun would that be.

Edit: Just finished both McManus books. Christ. Wow. A tragedy to go unfinished, but then again, maybe that's what makes them so good......

Hotwifeok
Player

Unread post by Hotwifeok » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:20 pm

xleglover wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 am
Dream Weaver wrote:
xleglover wrote:

Xleg,

David McManus books were some of the first books I read in this genre. Truthfully they almost emotionally devastated me. Brought back a lot of past history with my first wife. I really wish the third book had been published.

For a long time Amazon had a forum that you could follow on the authors. The David McManus forum was a blast. There were so many “arguments” about this and that with people quoting passages to make their point. The depth of the thoughts and beliefs were extraordinary. It was like the characters were real people being psychoanalyzed. Was she a loving wife of a cheating wife. Over and over and over. It was so much fun to be able to discuss in depth. Then Amazon killed that ability and lost contact with all of the commenters.

During this one of the commenters had reported that the third book was in final edits and due to be published in a matter of weeks. He reported this after contacting the publisher. Then nothing ever happened. Third Book info just disappeared. No news or anything. Who knows what happened. Then Amazon did away with the forums.

couple20uk
Virgin

Re: xleglover - I wanted to give everyone an update

Unread post by couple20uk » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:21 pm

xleglover wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:10 am
couple20uk wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:10 am
Good to hear from you Xleg but you need to get Sam Morrison's books taken down off Smashwords. Well, it is only one book atm (more are scheduled to be posted soon). It is a cut-and-paste job and even then they failed to get the whole story having missed the end of one chapter. I will not be purchasing any more from him!

I look forward to future updates from you and reading your new books.
Do you see Sam Morrison's book on smashwords? I don't see him anymore on smashwords.
I am very happy to agree, neither his plagiarised book (with one page missing) nor his author name, now show up on a search on Smashwords.
For what it is worth, he does show up on my personal saved favourites list, but there are no books against his name. I suggest he has moved on.
I write on Lushstories using the pseudonym wxt55uk
https://www.lushstories.com/profile/wxt55uk

DarrenZ
Experienced

Unread post by DarrenZ » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:45 pm

Hotwifeok wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:20 pm

Xleg,

David McManus books were some of the first books I read in this genre. Truthfully they almost emotionally devastated me. Brought back a lot of past history with my first wife. I really wish the third book had been published.

For a long time Amazon had a forum that you could follow on the authors. The David McManus forum was a blast. There were so many “arguments” about this and that with people quoting passages to make their point. The depth of the thoughts and beliefs were extraordinary. It was like the characters were real people being psychoanalyzed. Was she a loving wife of a cheating wife. Over and over and over. It was so much fun to be able to discuss in depth. Then Amazon killed that ability and lost contact with all of the commenters.

During this one of the commenters had reported that the third book was in final edits and due to be published in a matter of weeks. He reported this after contacting the publisher. Then nothing ever happened. Third Book info just disappeared. No news or anything. Who knows what happened. Then Amazon did away with the forums.
I have just this week read the McManus books after having been recommend to on Discord. Been a big hole in my ACHE reading. Agree on what most are saying. No book 3 is like if Return of the Jedi never came out.

The Reluctant Cuckold series reminded me of Xleglover’s works in being some of the best to really dive deep in the cuckold angst in a way others gloss over. It was a brutal read, to be sure, lots of frustration as you both empathize with protagonist, get annoyed with him for some stupid actions, and get annoyed with spouse who forgets to care for marriage and makes bad decisions.

There is a guy who goes by AlamoPreacher who has worked on (and re-worked, and is re-re-working on) a continuation he plans to release (no cost- wouldn’t be right to try to profit off work, even if abandoned). Chatted with him and had interesting discussion on thoughts about his approach.

Xleglover- bought all of your releases and always will. You provided us hours of enjoyment for nothing, so I owe you. Plus I like ebook format. Keep up the good work.

xleglover
$2 Ho

Unread post by xleglover » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:03 am

I’ve published a collection of short stories I wrote years ago as Flash of Stocking. You can find it on Amazon. Thanks for your support!

https://www.amazon.com/author/peteandrews

Guhunkadorn
Trainable

Unread post by Guhunkadorn » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:51 am

Great stories...especially the last one.

Definite parallel with 'Be Care What You Wish For'.....which I would love to see you finish.

gordonpritchard
Prepubescent

Unread post by gordonpritchard » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Looks like Be Care For is going to be our Winds of Winter.

Pzoxic
Prepubescent

Unread post by Pzoxic » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:43 pm

gordonpritchard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:54 pm
Looks like Be Care For is going to be our Winds of Winter.
Lol unfortunately

snoogaloo82
OHW Addict

Unread post by snoogaloo82 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:08 am

DarrenZ wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:45 pm
Hotwifeok wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:20 pm

Xleg,

I have just this week read the McManus books after having been recommend to on Discord. Been a big hole in my ACHE reading. Agree on what most are saying. No book 3 is like if Return of the Jedi never came out.

The Reluctant Cuckold series reminded me of Xleglover’s works in being some of the best to really dive deep in the cuckold angst in a way others gloss over. It was a brutal read, to be sure, lots of frustration as you both empathize with protagonist, get annoyed with him for some stupid actions, and get annoyed with spouse who forgets to care for marriage and makes bad decisions.

There is a guy who goes by AlamoPreacher who has worked on (and re-worked, and is re-re-working on) a continuation he plans to release (no cost- wouldn’t be right to try to profit off work, even if abandoned). Chatted with him and had interesting discussion on thoughts about his approach.

Xleglover- bought all of your releases and always will. You provided us hours of enjoyment for nothing, so I owe you. Plus I like ebook format. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for that recommendation. Do you know how to access the work of AlamoPreacher?