New TV series on Discovery about FLR

For hotwives and the men who adore them.
Shiphead
Trainable

New TV series on Discovery about FLR

Unread post by Shiphead » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:39 pm

Yesterday while searching on Discovery, I came across a series that dealt with the subject of hot wives or more accurately FLR. Its called, Seeking Brother Husband.
I was thinking it was going to be similar to the series about Sister wives which is a series about Morman polygamy families. I saw it once I think. It made me realize that one wife and children is often difficult and I realized that multiple wives is not like the harem we sometimes think it would be. It is about having family problems times 4 or 5. Made me shudder.
Sorry. I digressed. This show is about married women who have decided they are going to date and have relationships outside their marriages. It's not cast as nor mentioned as hotwife relationships.
I found it interesting. Most of these women, have a husband who lives in the house but who have stepped aside and accepted that their wives have
a relationship with another man who usually shares the bedroom with the wife and assumes the majority of the sexual privileges in the household.
One woman is a narcissist and continues to get worse as I have watched more episodes. It is common that the unmarried male suddenly gets pushed aside when the women decide to add another male or males to the family.
There is no compersion that I have seen so far. It's bizarre that the additional males who have long histories with the married couples suddenly find themselves left out in the cold for lack of a better term.
It is really strange dynamics that happen. Thought some of you might be interested in checking out an episode.
Last edited by Shiphead on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gesdell
Pervert

Re: New TV series on Discovery about FLR

Unread post by gesdell » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:47 pm

I saw it and I hope that they bring it back, maybe with a new cast. I agree that it is FLR since the women make all of the decisions.

Shiphead
Trainable

Unread post by Shiphead » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:24 pm

Gesdell, I agree that it would be good to see more new episodes. I thought it ended too soon, before two of the more interesting couples, got rolling into the lifestyle. Will have to do some searching and see if there are plans for another season.

BrunetteLover
Experienced

Unread post by BrunetteLover » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:41 am

Those shows are dumb. Any reality show is going to hang onto an audience by showing the bizarre side of whatever subject.

You want to have a show that a thinking audience who understands subtlety is into? Well, you will not be able to bring a camera into that realm, because subtlety takes place in the mind first, not out in the open. What goes on with my wife and I could never be filmed.

Freak shows are easy to film.

MarknSusan
2 Bit Whore

Unread post by MarknSusan » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am

For once…we would love to see a realistic series on NM relationships and/or hotwives. All the shows we have watched show us in a negative light that results in relationships being destroyed.

blackmann33
Trainable

Unread post by blackmann33 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm

Sister Wives is popular but Brother Husband? I watched and it felt weird as if something were missing. I know these kind of shows survive on drama, whether real or generated, they need drama to keep people watching.

With Sister Wives (of the episodes I've watched) most drama comes from the new "wife" fitting in and taking on the role of a traditional wife, including housework, and having or taking care of kids. With Brother Husband, it was more about the wife getting more dick, at least that's how it came off to me and one guy on the show even said so. But they tip-toed around this and tried to make it seem like it was about something else (which it was in part, but come on.... 2 men = more dick).

I guess this can be attributed to traditional gender roles and how it's more "acceptable" for a husband to have more than one wife as opposed to a wife having more than one husband. They should have addressed this head-on during its run and it would have been better. For example, they should not have shied away from the "hotwife" label. Even though it's divergent from the show's format, it would have given some authenticity to the benefit of having a MFM relationship. Sidestepping the inevitability of more sex while two or more dicks are swinging around is just stupid.

Statein88
Trainable

Unread post by Statein88 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

Sounds like an interesting premise.
Happily married to the beautiful TheRealMrs

TheRealMrs’ pics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=72507

Shiphead
Trainable

Unread post by Shiphead » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:23 pm

I appreciate all of the thoughts and opinions that you all shared. I had never seen something broadcast (supposed reality) that even touched on NM, so I just thought it was something different to check out. Maybe they are dipping their toes into the subject. I was disappointed that the 2 couples that seemed to be looking for a fb, weren't shown very much. They highlighted the craziness of the other couples.

snoogaloo82
OHW Addict

Unread post by snoogaloo82 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:24 am

Shiphead wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:23 pm
I appreciate all of the thoughts and opinions that you all shared. I had never seen something broadcast (supposed reality) that even touched on NM, so I just thought it was something different to check out. Maybe they are dipping their toes into the subject. I was disappointed that the 2 couples that seemed to be looking for a fb, weren't shown very much. They highlighted the craziness of the other couples.
That's a real shame that they only show the bizzare side of things. I still think it's a different enough lifestyle that they wouldn't have to show the bizzare side of things and have just showed the regular side and have been different enough to carry an audience. This is the first time I'm hearing of the show. They sure didn't advertise the show very much.